As well as many, this is one of my dream cars, the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. I use it to remind myself and others of what Im striving for as a small goal in the many life goals I have. I hope that as you read of my experiences and thoughts that you remind yourself of your goals and accomplishments. That you may realize your potential. You were born on this Earth to make a difference, to change lives, to be above average. You are as great as you make and tell yourself to be, so why not say your the best? We all have a godly potential that we can achieve if we just knew we could do it. I KNOW that you do. Do you?



Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Making that decision

As most of you know I am leaving on a mission for the LDS church soon. I just wanted to point something out that most of us probably think about but dont really want to or recognize it. I understand that there's a few young men out there that dont necessarily go because they want to. Maybe because their parents want them to or the community or whatever. Or its just something we do at "that age." I'll admit that at first, within the past year of thinkin about it It ran through my head of what my life would be like If I chose not to go. I thought about all the people that wanted me to go maybe even expected it. As it drew closer though I started to think of my cause and not everyone else'. I started to think of all the lives Im going to change and all the amazing things Im going to do. Its hard right now to say that I want to go because of how many people telling me its because of someone else. Its true. Its more than true. I cant wait to go! Nothing would stop me right now. I probably wouldnt be able to live with myself right now if I didnt. I can tell you this now that Im going for myself and for the people Im going to be teaching. Not one person else. Its a completely different feeling when you realize YOU WANT to go. Its calming. I feel like Im going to be a way better missionary because I want to be there. My advise to those deciding whether to go or not or maybe with something that doesnt have to do with this is please make it YOUR decision. YOU have to have that burning desire to go. Think about how much more focused you were when you personally chose something. You loved it didnt you? Even if it was hard and challenging. You loved it! because you made that decision. You wanted that. Nobody else. I made a decision. Noone else has made this decision for me. I have such a burning desire to go I dont think I've wanted anything else this badly. Im so excited to do whatever Heavenly Father wants me to do. Please people make that decision, whatever it may be, by YOU. You wont love and appreciate it as much if you dont I promise. Next time you are faced with a decision, think it over. Is this what I really want to do? Why? How will it benifit me? others? Is this MY decision..

2 comments:

  1. Amen. Took you long enough to figure that out. You'll do awesome and be an inspiration to those around you. All you need to do now is stay away from girls because they WILL be the ones that keep you from your goal at this stage. Girls who care about you will understand. If not they are not true friends. Lift, inspire, strive. You'll do great.
    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you! I know the excitement of getting ready to leave. It brings back a lot of memories when I see your fire. You will be great! I understand needing to go for your own reasons. The spirit told me I needed to go. I had no plans on going but the Lord knew I needed to go. I'm thankful for the life lessons I learned and the beautiful people I met. It is awesome to see a testimony develop and grow. Be diligent, lead by the spirit, and love your fellow man.....the Lord will bless you

    ReplyDelete